Its all about digital India which is transforming day by day.
What is Digital India?
Digital India is a campaign launched by the Government of India to ensure that Government services are made available to citizens electronically by improved online infrastructure and by increasing Internet connectivity or by making the country digitally empowered in the field of technology. The initiative includes plans to connect rural areas with high-speed internet networks. Digital India consists of three core components, (a) development of secure and stable digital infrastructure, (b) delivering government services digitally, and (c) universal digital literacy.
Launched on 1 July 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, it is both enabler and beneficiary of other key Government of India schemes, such as BharatNet, Make in India, Startup India and Standup India, Industrial corridors, Bharatmala, Sagarmala, Dedicated Freight Corridors and UDAN-RCS.
- Digital India is a Programme to prepare India for a knowledge future.
- The focus is on being transformative – to realize IT + IT = IT
- The focus is on making technology central to enabling change.
- It is an Umbrella Programme – covering many departments.
- It weaves together a large number of ideas and thoughts into a single, comprehensive vision so that each of them is seen as part of a larger goal.
- Each individual element stands on its own. But is also part of the larger picture.
- It is coordinated by DeitY, implemented by the entire government.
- The weaving together makes the Mission transformative in totality
- The Programme:
- Pulls together many existing schemes.
- These schemes will be restructured and re-focused.
- They will be implemented in a synchronized manner.
- Many elements are only process improvements with minimal cost.
- The common branding of programmes as Digital India highlights their transformative impact.